Wellness and Future Care
Explore All Dimensions of Wellness at Friendship Village
Our goal is your goal: to keep you healthy and independent as long as possible. Should future care ever be needed, we have world-class health care at every level, all on your campus. We feature Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Care and Supportive Services.
Living in a vibrant, active senior community supports all dimensions of wellness. Every inch of the Friendship Village campuses in the St. Louis area are built to help you live your best life. From yoga classes to trivia challenges, from fine art shows to garden clubs, there are always new things to discover at Friendship Village!
Take advantage of the many opportunities to get and stay fit:
- Join aquatic classes or play water volleyball in our indoor warm water pool
- Lift weights in the brand-new fitness center
- Participate in line dancing, yoga or tai chi classes
Here, you’ll live in the ideal environment to support a healthy lifestyle.
Many new residents ease into a wellness routine by meeting with our full-time wellness coordinator or fitness counselor to help find the best way to stay active through our clubs and activities.
Living in a vibrant, active community means there are always activities connecting you with neighbors and new friends.
You can get connected through a wide range of activities, including:
- Swimming in the pool
- Playing cards
- Singing in the choir
- Joining the men’s group
- Taking technology classes
- Participating in outings to off-site attractions, such as: The Arch, Branson, Israel, London, the Route 66 trip to California, cruises and more!
Keeping the Faith
Nurture your spirituality in a setting near St. Louis, Missouri, which supports faith through interdenominational on-campus Protestant and Catholic services, religious studies and counseling. We are a warm community that welcomes all faiths.
With transportation to area places of worship, a biennial trip to Israel or a yearly trip to explore our nation’s Christian heritage, Friendship Village is a part of your spiritual journey. Whether you desire solitude in the chapel, meditation in the community gardens or thoughtful connection in ongoing Bible studies, Friendship Village Chesterfield offers support, encouragement and faith.
Exploring New Interests
Opportunities to learn, grow and keep your mind active abound at Friendship Village Chesterfield. The fully stocked library is supplemented by visits from the bookmobile and ongoing resident book club meetings.
Investigate your family history through memory, reminiscence and writers’ groups. Expand your horizons through travel clubs, art therapy, brain fitness events, computer/technology classes, trivia nights and guest lectures. Enjoy a trip to the St. Louis Art Museum or participate in the Washington University travelogue. There is always more to learn and experience!
Peace of Mind
Life always brings changes to everyone, including seniors. We offer specific programs to help you remain happy, grounded and balanced.
Our Welcome Committee is here to help ease the transition into the community. Emotional wellness is supported by in-house social workers, grief counseling, hospital visitation, individual counseling and support groups dealing with a variety of issues. You are never alone.
Being Your Healthiest
Keeping you healthy is why we’re here and our full-time care navigator will guide you through our programs to support your independent living. We partner with the best hospitals to provide you with a primary doctor and nurse practitioner right here on our campus.
Other health services include:
- EmpowerMe Wellness is on a mission to improve the lives of seniors! We enrich senior living communities nationwide through our fully integrated on-site therapy, diagnostic, and pharmacy services. With a team of more than 1,000 clinicians and professionals, we focus on improving wellness and driving positive outcomes from a place of deep compassion and expertise.
- An on-site Innovare Health Advocates clinic, with access to a geriatrician, psychiatrist and podiatrist
- Flexible dining schedule with healthy menu options and a dietitian
- Blood pressure clinics
- On-site labs and vaccinations
- Fall-prevention program
As a Life Care community, we offer a full continuum of care:
Decisions About a Move
You may assume you will stay in your home forever, but as time passes, you might think differently:
- Your house may seem too big for you.
- You may find it more difficult to keep up with maintenance.
- Your health may be of concern.
If those issues affect you, the good news is, many who move to a community like Friendship Village Chesterfield near St. Louis, Missouri, find that their lives improve! Independent studies show seniors in Life Care communities are healthier and happier than seniors in the community at large.*
Friendship Village is fully-committed to your overall well-being!
*The Age Well Study: Comparing Outcomes in Life Plan Communities vs. the Community-at-Large. vol. 1, Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, 2019. Download study here.