Home Health Care
What is Certified Home Health Care?
When you are recovering from a serious illness or injury, wouldn’t it be nice to get the care you need in your own home, instead of in the hospital? Home health care makes that possible!
Friendship Village at Home can help in a variety of situations:
- Recovery: following a stay in the hospital, when you’re recovering from an accident, surgery or serious illness such as: Orthopedics (joint replacement or falls), Cardiopulmonary (heart failure or COPD), General medical (extended in patient stay)
- Chronic illness: when you have just been diagnosed with a chronic disease, like heart failure, respiratory or kidney disease, MS, Parkinson’s disease diabetes, or Alzheimer’s disease
- Complex treatment: when you have complex medical treatments requiring the use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring such as a stroke residue.
Services to Help You Recover
Friendship Village at Home provides a wide range of health and supportive services, including:
- Professional nursing care
- Vital sign minoring (blood pressure, pulse, weight, blood glucose, lab draws, etc..)
- Wound/skin assessment
- Clinical and functional assessment (dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring, ambulating, medication management)
- Physical, occupational and Speech therapy
- Medical social work
- Registered dietician
- Home Health Aide
- Respiratory therapy
Each home service must be prescribed by your doctor as part of a written plan of care.
What Will Home Services Cost?
Billing through major payers. If you are an eligible Medicare beneficiary and meet the conditions below, Medicare will cover 100 percent of home health care costs. Medicaid and private insurance plans will also usually provide coverage for medically necessary care.
Manage care plans include:
- UHC (PPO)
*Leaving your home for religious services does not disqualify you from being considered homebound.
With Friendship Village at Home, rest assured that you are in the hands of qualified health care professionals, backed by our trusted 40-year reputation.
Call 636-733-0355 , or email us today to learn more.