Medicare Skilled Home Care
Would You Benefit From Medicare Skilled Home Care?
When you are recovering from a serious illness or injury, wouldn’t it be nice to get the care you need in your own home, instead of in the hospital? Home health care makes that possible!
Friendship Village at Home can help in a variety of situations:
- Recovery: following a stay in the hospital, when you’re recovering from an accident, surgery or serious illness
- Chronic illness: when you have just been diagnosed with a chronic disease, like heart failure, respiratory or kidney disease, diabetes or Alzheimer’s disease
- Complex treatment: when you have complex medical treatments requiring the use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring
Services to Help You Recover
Friendship Village at Home provides a wide range of health and supportive services, including:
- Professional nursing care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medical social work
Each home service must be prescribed by your doctor as part of a written plan of care.
What Will Home Services Cost?
If you are an eligible Medicare beneficiary and meet the conditions below, Medicare will cover 100 percent of home health care costs. Medicaid and private insurance plans will also usually provide coverage for medically necessary care.
Click the button below to print this handy checklist to see if you’re eligible for at-home services.
|Condition||What it means||Check if you meet this condition|
|Reasonable and necessary||You must be under the care of a doctor who has signed an order for the treatment or service.|
|Required skill||You must have had a recent illness, injury or worsening medical condition, which requires skilled nursing, physical therapy or speech-language pathology on a limited-time basis or for an extended period of time.|
|Homebound||It must take a considerable and taxing effort for you to leave your home, and when you do, it must not be very often and only for short periods of time.*|
|Intermittent care||Your care must be needed on a limited, part-time basis, not for an extended period of time.|
*Leaving your home for religious services does not disqualify you from being considered homebound.
With Friendship Village at Home, rest assured that you are in the hands of qualified health care professionals, backed by our trusted 40-year reputation.