The Life Care Difference
The Lifestyle You Want Today. The Promise of a Secure Tomorrow.
As the only Life Care community in St. Louis, Missouri, Friendship Village has been recognized as a leader in senior living for over four decades. Choosing Life Care at our faith-based community is a smart decision for several reasons.
- A vibrant, worry-free lifestyle, with predictable health care costs for life.
- Quality long-term health care within a familiar setting, at essentially the same monthly fee as your current residence.
- Tax savings: A portion of the entrance and monthly service fees may be tax-deductible.*
- Financial benefits: Options include the return of up to 90 percent of the entrance fee to your estate, ensuring your care and the preservation of assets for your family.
- Financial strength: 40+ years of financial stability.
*Section 213 of the Internal Revenue Code approves the deductibility of a portion of service fees paid to retirement communities for the provision of medical care. Seek advice from your tax consultant for full details.
What Residents Are Saying About Life Care
Hear from our residents why Life Care tax benefits make Friendship Village the most affordable choice for senior living.
“I started as a Friendship Village renter, and now that I am a Life Care resident, a significant portion of my entrance fee and monthly fees are tax-deductible. This medical deduction will offset taxes I would have paid on my income for any given year. It’s a great benefit once you understand it.”
"When my wife and I moved to Friendship Village, the deciding factor was Life Care. As a tax professional, I also appreciated that a significant percentage of our entrance fee and monthly fees would be tax-deductible as a medical expense. The tax savings helps pay the rent. Now that we’re on campus, it’s a pleasure to help other residents understand how they may be able to take advantage of this unique benefit.”